For some of us, the evening chai-coffee is rendered completely meaningless without one vital component – the ‘Biscuit!’ When it comes to biscuits, there is no dearth of choices that you have in the shopping aisles. And while some of them clearly announce ingredients like ‘chunky chocolate’ or ‘rich butter,’ most others (these days) are deceptive in their ‘health’ claims. In fact, we can safely say that all biscuits available in packed forms in the supermarkets – all of them are processed foods with refined flour and sugar as their major ingredients. Some contain a little less of this, and others a little more of that. But net net, all of them provide empty calories and largely unwanted carbohydrates to the body.
So what is the way out for the biscuit addicts who religiously stack up these disks with every tea and coffee? Simple – make your own healthier versions of biscuits at home! To start you off, here’s a no-bake, easy-to-make, and very yummy protein-loaded biscuit that you can make and store and munch on whenever your biscuit cravings strike! Presenting, the Homemade Threptin Biscuits!
- Peanut Butter – one heaped teaspoonful
- Whey powder – one scoop, in your favorite flavor
- Oats flour – one teaspoon, need not be superfine.
- Butter – one teaspoon, softened
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll it out nicely on your kitchen slab, or on a baking sheet. Take care to keep the thickness same all over – around 1 cm thickness is recommended.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes. Store it in a box in the fridge. These biscuits/cookies store well in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe Credits – Swati Sodhi
Here are a few more recipes for easy homemade no-bake biscuits and cookies. Decide your pick after calculating your macros:
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy No Bake Oatmeal Cookies (low calorie version of the one above)
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Whole Wheat Biscuits in a Kadhai
Remember, it’s always better when it is homemade!