- Almond Flour – 2.5 cups
- Stevia (as per taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Eggs – Two
- Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
- Butter (Unsalted butter can be used, I used the normal one) – 50gms
- Walnuts chopped (small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- 85% Dark Chocolate(sugar free) chopped (small pieces) – 1/2 cup
Preparation:(Approx 12 cookies)
- First line your baking sheet with parchment paper as this is very important when we are doing any kind of low-carb cooking.
- Take 2 and a half cups of almond flour in a large bowl, add 1tsp of baking powder, pinch of salt (you can use sea salt as well) and stevia (as per taste). Mix all these dry ingredients together using a whisk.
- For the wet ingredients mixture, melt 50 gms of butter, add to it 1 tsp vanilla extract, crack two eggs and beat everything together.
- Now, add the mixture to dry ingredients, mix all these together using a spatula.
- Add chopped walnuts and chocolate.
- Take small amount of the batter (you can use a spoon) and place it on the baking sheet (you can make whatever shape or size you like), it won’t spread too much and will hold the original size/shape.
- Mixture is now ready, Place it into the pre-heated oven (180 degrees).
- Bake them for around 13-14 mins.
- Once cookies are out of the oven, let them cool a bit and they are ready to eat.
- Store them in an airtight container and warm them a bit to get the crunch back whenever you wish to have them (they soften up as you store them).
Macros (per 1 serving):
- Calories – 136
- Fat(g) – 11.7
- Carbs(g) – 4.9
- Fiber(g) – 1.1
- Sugar(g) – 0.3
- Protein(g) – 3.2
~Paromita Roy Dasgupta