Are you struggling with your sweet tooth while on a diet? Does your dessert counter look more like an arid desert? Don’t despair, because you can still satisfy your sweet cravings and stay true to your diet with an amazing recipe that comes loaded with the goodness of almonds. Presenting – the Almond Diet Halwa!
Before rushing off to the kitchen, let us take a good look at the nutritional benefits of this super food – almonds. Here is a great video that is worth a watch:
And here’s that recipe to get cracking on –
Blanched almond flour – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Heavy cream – 1 tbsp
Stevia – 1 sachet serving
Cardamom powder – a pinch
Raw diced almonds – 2 tbsp
This will yield 2 small servings or 4 super small servings, and it can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Sauté almond flour in ghee until the colour becomes slightly darker.
- Add diced almonds and cardamom powder, mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Retaining a slow flame, add heavy cream and mix till the consistency becomes thick and creamy.
- Now add the stevia powder. You may add more or less depending upon how you like it.
- Garnish with more almond slivers and enjoy it hot or cold, your choice.
For more interesting uses of almonds, check out these YouTube videos:
So don’t wait, just go nuts!
Recipe Courtesy – Recipe originally done by Aakanksha Khandelwal and recreated by Florence Pushpad