Want a quick and healthy fix for those little hunger pangs that strike suddenly, like unexpected guests? Don’t know what to eat that will not mess up your macros? And don’t have too many ingredients at hand? Then this is the post for you! Here’s a superb recipe for that whiny tummy when it nags between meals – presenting – The Egg Muffin!
Made with as few as 3 ingredients, and as many as many more, this is a healthy and yummy snack that is perfectly bachelor-friendly, and leaves your taste buds contented.
The Egg Muffin
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Capsicum – 20 gm, diced
- Onion – half of a medium sized one, 25 gms approx
- Tomato – half of a medium sized one, 25 gms approx
- Broccoli florets – a handful, preferably blanched
- Green chillies – as per your spice tolerance, finely chopped
- Any other vegetables – yes, as long as you’d be happy seeing them in the muffin!
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Butter – 2 ml, and a little extra for greasing the muffin tray
- Sauté all the chopped vegetables in 2 ml butter over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and combine all the sautéed veggies in the egg batter.
- Add some more salt and mix well.
- Take a muffin tray, grease it with butter. Pour the batter in the tray and bake it at 160 degree centigrade for 20 mins (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
Lo and presto! Your yummy egg muffins are ready! Have them hot, with a little hot sauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy – Sushmita B. Suraj