Are you a Bounty fan? That coconut-filled sticky sweet centre surrounded by a thick layer of milk chocolate, a.k.a, bliss in a white and blue wrapping? Sounds drool-worthy, isn’t it? But what if your diet forbids you from indulging in the sweet treat? More particularly, what options do Keto dieters with a keen love for this coconut-based chocolate bar have? Not much???
Time to change that perception! Presenting the Keto Bounty Bar! Read the recipe, make it quickly, and eat it outright!
Desiccated coconut (unsweetened) – 3 cups
Coconut cream – 1 cup
Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
Stevia – 1/2 cup
Dark chocolate – 150 gms
Butter – 60 gms
- Dry roast the desiccated coconut in the oven (or stove-top) for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix with all ingredients (first set) and shape into bars. Freeze them on a parchment paper-lined tray for 1-2 hours.
- Next, melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Mix well and let it cool for sometime.
- Coat the frozen bars in the chocolate-butter mix, and replace on the tray. Freeze again for an hour or so.
- To cater to the artist in you, make swirls with leftover chocolate… and Enjoy!!
Recipe Courtesy – Fatema Merchant