Stuffed recipes give some people a greater satisfaction in eating them – stuffed okra (bhindi,) stuffed chillies, stuffed eggplant, stuffed chicken breasts…it seems like the best deal when you get more out of those humdrum veggies, and also have that element of surprise inside!
So, here is for all the health freaks and foodies alike. A stuffed capsicum recipe that contains the goodness of protein in the form of cottage cheese (paneer), and wholesome corn. Check out the really simple recipe here:
Paneer and Corn stuffed Capsicum
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 – 20 mins
- Cottage Cheese (paneer) – 100 – 200 gms (adjust as per your macros)
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 20 gms
- Mix everything in a bowl. Add any other flavours you like.
- Take medium sized capsicums and deseed them (remove the core) with a spoon.
- Stuff the capsicums with the paneer filling.
- Smear a grill pan with butter and cook the capsicums until brown and soft. You can cover it with a lid from time to time, and simply turn the peppers around to brown them all over. When you see the colour on the capsicum change, and the top edges getting brown, it is ready to go!
- Garnish with lemon and coriander (optional).
This recipe is enjoyed best with some green chutney or yogurt-mint dip!
Here are some more stuffed vegetable recipes you may want to try out later on:
- Stuffed Tomato Recipe
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Stuffed Karela (village style)
- Stuffed Green Chilli (in Hindi)
Article credits : Kishore Chelluri