Welcome to Day 3 of “Yoga For Hip Flexibility”.
Today’s pose is “Ardha Matsyendrasana” of the Half Fish Pose.
This amazing pose will make you feel relaxed in 20 seconds. Try it!
- Sit in ‘Dandasana’.
- Bend your left knee and keep it near the right buttock.
- Now place your right foot in front of the left knee.
- Stretch your left shoulder and hold your right ankle
- Hold this position for 10-30 seconds, depending on your ability
- Repeat the same on the other side
- Opens up the hips and increases its flexibility
- Ardha Matsyendrasana increases the elasticity of the spine and tones the spinal nerves
- Stretches the overall muscles of the body
- Helps to get relief in stiffness of vertebrae
- Should not be practiced during pregnancy and menstruation
- People with a hernia should avoid this
- People with severe spinal problems or injuries must avoid it
Tip Of The Day:
Get deeper into the pose. What challenges you can change you. Going deeper will promote the opportunity to advance your yoga practice.
Author: Dr. Prajakta Jawalkar