This is my favorite recipe . Hardly takes any time..and no guilt pangs poking me.
Personally, as a Nutrition coach, I don’t bake or cook these things when I am on a diet, because it’s easy to slip. I don’t even advise my clients these little treats especially in the initial month because I think it’s really necessary to teach them how to eat clean. This would harbor self control and discipline in them, which is very important to maintain weight when their tenure with me is over.
However, once you’ve learned to control temptation, and know the necessity of clean eating, there are many of these healthy yet delectable recipes that can be incorporated in your day to day lives to raise your happiness quotient!
So here is the flavorsome recipe… you can thank me after you’ve tried it!
Prep time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
- Erithrytol (zero cal sweetener,easily available on Amazon) – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1 no.
- Almond flour (optional) – 1-2 tablespoons
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Amul unsweetened cream – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine erythritol and cocoa powder and whisk to remove any clumps. This’ll make it smoother.
- In a different bowl, beat your egg until a little fluffy. Since your lava cake is flourless, you need the aeration of the beaten egg to help coax the cake to rise.
- Add your egg, heavy cream and vanilla extract to the sugar and cocoa mixture. Add baking powder as well.
- Grease your moulds with butter, pour your batter in the moulds (remember to fill only 3/4th of the moulds) and put it in the oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes at 180° C.
- Do not overcook the muffins or it will not be gooey in the center ! The top of the muffin should be set but jiggly.
Microwave alternative: As an alternative, you can also microwave this batter in a mug for about a minute. All microwaves are different, so once the minute is up, check up on your mug cake and if it’s still not light in color, put it back in for 10 second intervals until done. Now it’s up to you how to enjoy it. You can eat your lava cake straight out of the mug. I made soft muffins which are easy to store. You can store them in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
60 calories only per muffin and negligible carbs, this recipe remains at the top of my baking list. By the way, I am not a food blogger! I am just a fitness enthusiast who keeps looking for healthy twists to regular cooking. So please don’t look for super neat plating, presentation and garnishing.
Hope you enjoy these mouth watering and inviting muffins as much as I do.
Recipe Credits – Swati Sodhi